Terms and conditions
By accessing, browsing and using our website, (www.weddinganditaly.com) or any of our applications as may be devised from time to time through whatever platform (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Website"), you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below. The informational and resource material provided through the website are owned, operated and provided by Wedding&Italy (and its Suppliers as defined below) and are provided for your personal, non-commercial use (free of charge, subject to Clause 2 in respect of language translation services if required) only, subject to the terms and conditions set out below. The within Terms and Conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our services directly or indirectly (through Suppliers and all related third parties) made available online and through any mobile device (and by email or by telephone if applicable).
"Wedding&Italy", "us", "we" or "our" means LA Media Limited (trading under the registered business name of Wedding&Italy), a limited liability company having registration number 587602 incorporated under the laws of Ireland, and having its registered address at No. 3, 154-155 Capel Street, Dublin 1, Ireland. "Platform" means the (mobile) website (www.weddinganditaly.com) and app/s on which the Services are made available as owned, controlled, managed, maintained and/or hosted by us. "Services" means the online wedding information and resource services of Wedding&Italy rendered wholly free of charge relating to various Italian wedding services and products as are, from time to time, made available by Suppliers on the Platform. "Supplier/s" means providers of Italian wedding services and products in Italy to include wedding planners, photographers, wedding bands and musicians, restaurants and other eating establishments, florists, tour guides and the providers of accommodation (e.g. villa, hotel, guesthouse, apartment, house, bed & breakfast), parks, attractions, museums, sightseeing tours, cruises, bus, taxi, rail and coach services and tours, transfers, tour operators, insurances, and any other travel or related product or service as from time to time
made available for reservation indirectly on the Platform through third parties and/or directly with such third party suppliers.
1. Scope of our Services
While every effort is assidously made to facilitate access by you to Suppliers to provide services and products to the highest of wedding industry standards, we hereby disclaim any and all liability and responsibility for any inaccuracies, misstatements, exaggerated claims as to quality, breath of service or goods on offer or otherwise, errors, omissions and/or misrepresentations (fraudulent or innocent) made by Suppliers (on the Platform or on their own websites or promotional material wheresoever or howsoever advertised by them) and you hereby agree to hold us harmless and to fully indemnify us against all costs, damages, expenses, claims, demands and liability arising by the failure, refusal, negligence or breach of contract by Suppliers in effectually, satisfactorily and fully rendering their services to you and/or in the provision of their products to you. Through the Platform, we provide an online platform through which Suppliers can advertise their products and services for purchase or reservation. By making a reservation through Supplier websites or otherwise, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the Supplier with which you make a reservation or purchase a product or service (as applicable). From the point at which you make your reservation or purchase a product or service from any Supplier, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the Supplier. We do not act as agent for you or any Supplier. We are not party to any contract entered into by you with Suppliers and accordingly, in the absence of any privity of contract, we cannot assume contractual liabilities or be obligated to compensate any person or entity by way of contractual remedy or otherwise where we are not party to any such contract. Your sole and only remedy shall be against the Supplier directly against whom you may, for example, take breach of contract, injunctive action or negligence proceedings as appropriate together, if required, with any reliance you may have on Sale of Goods and Supply of Services legislation, tour operator legislation, consumer law or otherwise in Italy or elsewhere. When rendering our Services, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by Suppliers or as may be uploaded by them to the Platform. As such, the Suppliers are given access to an extranet through which they are fully responsible for updating all rates, availability and other information which is or may be displayed on our
Platform. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our Service, we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), any interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our Platform or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information. Each Supplier remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information (including the rates and availability) as may be displayed on our Platform. Our Platform does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, expertise, skill, know-how, competence, service level or qualification of any Supplier (or its staff, agents, facilities, venue, products or services) made available. We disclaim all liability for events beyond the control of Suppliers to include frustration of contract, force majeure events and acts of God. Our Services are made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, reservations, tickets, products or services available on our Platform for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
2. Free of charge Service
Our intermediary information and resource Services are free of charge. Suppliers pay an advertising fee (and/or a commission) to Wedding&Italy in respect of the promotion of their goods and services on the Website. In the event that you require a translation service to better understand the services or products being offered by Suppliers we may, if requested, undertake Italian to English (or vice versa) document translation services at a fee to be notified to you in advance (if applicable). Invoices raised by us, if any, in respect of email and telephone correspondence shall be discharged by you within a period of 5 days from the date such invoice is transmitted to you by email.
3. Prices, fees and taxes charged by Suppliers
Applicable fees and taxes (including tourist/city tax) may be charged by the Supplier in the event of a no-show or a cancellation fee may be levied. Please check the relevant product, service and reservation conditions and details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
Please carefully read the fine print (such as relating to room types or price per head of wedding meals) and important information in your reservation confirmation for additional policies as may be applied by the Supplier (e.g. in respect of age requirement, security deposit, non-cancellation/additional supplements for group bookings, extra beds/no free breakfast, pets/cards accepted). You will not hold us liable or responsible for any authorized, allegedly unauthorized or incorrect/improper charge by the Supplier and not (re)claim any amount for any valid or authorized charge by the Supplier (including for pre-paid rates, no-show and chargeable cancellation) of your credit, laser or debit card. We recommend that you read the cancellation, (pre)payment and no-show policy of the Supplier/accommodation provider or otherwise carefully prior to making your reservation and remember to make further payments on time as may be required for the relevant reservation. If you have a late or delayed arrival on the check-in date or only arrive the next day, make sure to (timely/promptly) communicate this with the Supplier so they know when to expect you to avoid cancellation of your reservation or room or charge of the no-show fee. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for the consequences of your delayed arrival or any cancellation or charged no-show fee by the Supplier. Due to the continuous update and adjustments of rates and availability, we strongly suggest to make screenshots when making a reservation to support your position (if needed).
4. Ranking, preferred programme, stars and guest reviews
We reserve the right to adjust, refuse or remove reviews at our sole discretion. Any guest or website user reviews should be regarded as a survey or mere indication or expression of personal or subjective opinion only and do not include any (further commercial) offers, invitations, endorsements or incentives by us or on our behalf whatsoever.
To the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the Website and its contents shall be liable for (i) any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, (ii) any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of Suppliers as made available on our Platform, (iii) the services rendered or the products offered by Suppliers or other business partners, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our Platform, or (v) any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, willful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to Suppliers or any of our other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies) whose products or service/s are (directly or indirectly) made available, offered or promoted on or through the Platform, including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control. Whether or not the Supplier has charged you for your product or service, you agree and acknowledge that the Supplier is at all times responsible for the collection, withholding, remittance and payment of the applicable taxes due on the total amount of the (room/reservation) price to the relevant tax authorities. Wedding&Italy is not liable or responsible for the remittance, collection, withholding or payment of the relevant taxes due on the (room/reservation) price to the relevant tax authorities. By uploading photos/images onto our system (for instance in addition to a review) you certify, warrant and agree that you own the copyright to the photos/images and that you agree that Wedding&Italy may use the uploaded photos/images on its (mobile) website and app, and in (online/offline) promotional materials and publications and as we in our discretion sees fit. You are granting Wedding&Italy a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual right and licence to use, reproduce, display, have reproduced, distribute, sublicense, communicate and make available the photos/images as Wedding&Italy at its discretion sees fit. By uploading these photos/images the person uploading the picture(s)
accepts full legal and moral responsibility of any and all legal claims that are made by any third parties (including, but not limited to, accommodation owners) due to Wedding&Italy publishing and using these photos/images. Wedding&Italy does not own or endorse the photos/images that are uploaded. The truthfulness, validity and right to use of all photos/images is assumed by the person who uploaded the photo, and is not the responsibility of Wedding&Italy. Wedding&Italy disclaims all responsibility and liability for the pictures posted. The person who uploaded the photo warrants that the photos/images shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses or infected files and shall not contain any pornographic, illegal, obscene, insulting, objectionable or inappropriate material and does not infringe any third party (intellectual property right, copyright or privacy) rights. Any photo/image that does not meet the aforesaid criteria will not be posted and/or can be removed/deleted by Wedding&Italy at any time and without prior notice.
6. Intellectual property rights
Unless stated otherwise, the software required for our Services or available at or used by our Platform and the intellectual property rights (including the copyrights) of the contents and information of and material on our Platform are owned by Wedding&Italy, its Suppliers and providers. Wedding&Italy exclusively retains ownership of all rights, title and interest in and to (all intellectual property rights of) (the look and feel (including infrastructure) of) the Platform on which the Services are made available (including the guest reviews and translated content) and you are not entitled to copy, scrape, (hyper-/deep)link to, publish, promote, market, integrate, utilize, combine or otherwise use the content (including any translations thereof and the guest reviews) or our brand without our express written permission. To the extent that you would (wholly or partly) use or combine our (translated) content (including guest reviews) or would otherwise own any intellectual property rights in the Platform or any (translated) content or guest reviews, you hereby assign, transfer and set over all such intellectual property rights to Wedding&Italy. Any unlawful use or any of the aforementioned actions or behaviour will constitute a material infringement of our intellectual property rights (including copyright and database right).
7. Account termination for misconduct and breach of usage terms
Any conduct by you which we, in our absolute discretion, consider to be inappropriate, injurious, harmful or defamatory of us or any Supplier and/or causes (or could potentially
cause) loss, damage, inconvenience or serious upset to any party [including other Website users and wedding guests to include the uploading/posting by you of comments (by way of review or otherwise), photographs or images without consent of the person/s photographed or depicted or containing offensive, malicious, deliberately untrue, unfair, racist, derogatory or indecent material] may lead to immediate de-registration of your account.
To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions and the provision of our Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and any dispute arising out of these general Terms and Conditions and our Services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in Dublin, Ireland. If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
9. Domicile and office of Wedding&Italy Wedding&Italy
does not accept nor assume any domicile in Italy or at any place, location or office in the world (also not at the office of its support companies), other than its registered office in Dublin, Ireland.
10. Privacy, data protection and cookies
We are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us. If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our Services. When you use our Services, there is certain basic information we request - your name, preferred contact details, the names of anybody who may be travelling with you and so forth. Further or in the alternative, when you register on the Website you may do so through Facebook and your information may, accordingly, be gathered from that source. In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer. This can include the IP address and the browser you use. There are also situations in which we receive information about you from others or we automatically collect certain information as outlined below.
The main reason we ask you for personal details is to help administer our Services, to ensure you get the best service possible and keep your information safe. In addition, we may use your personal data to contact you and to inform you of Supplier special offers. There are also other parties which can receive some of your data including Suppliers, advertisers or in some cases, authorities. If required, we can assist you and our Supplier to exchange information and resolve any communication difficulties as envisaged in clause The use of social media services may be integrated with the Services in various ways, which will involve collecting some of your personal data or the relevant social media provider receiving some of your information. In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. Our Services are offered to persons over the age of 18. We process information about children only with the consent of the parents or legal guardians. You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing, telephoning or writing to us. We collect information relating to personal information you give to us, personal information you give use about others, personal information we collect automatically and personal information we receive from other sources. Examples include:
• Your name and email address. We might also ask for your home address, telephone number, the names of any guests travelling with you and any preferences you might have.
• Account facilities - when you create your user account we use the information you supply to effectively administer your account and allow you to manage your personal settings. Your account allows you to save your personal settings, upload photos, review previous bookings with Suppliers or plan future reservations with Suppliers.
• If you need to get in touch with our customer service team we will collect information from you at that point of contact too.
• After a stay at Supplier accommodation, guests can be asked to provide a review
• If you are browsing with your mobile device, you can enable us to see your current location or grant access to your contact details.
• You may be travelling with other guests/end-users whose details you provide to us – it is your responsibility to ensure that the person about whom you have provided personal information is aware that you have done so and that s/he is aware of this Privacy Statement.
• In some cases, you can use the Website to share information with others.
• Even if you do not use the Services, when you visit our websites or apps we may automatically collect certain information. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system. We might also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you.
• If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, location details, app crashes and other system activity.
• Online groups - we may also enable users with an account to join and interact with each other through online groups. Any such activity may be made visible to other account holders or accommodation partners.
• We also use your information for marketing activities. These activities may include using your contact information to send you news of Suppliers’ travel-related products and services when you set up a user account. You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the "Unsubscribe" link included in each newsletter. Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites/apps (including social media sites).
• When you use our Services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with the Website. We sometimes ask account-holders or Website users to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
• We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users.
• We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our Services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services. The primary objective is to optimize and customize our Platform to your needs, making the Website easier and more enjoyable to use.
• As regards guest reviews and other destination-related information, account holders can choose to display a review with a screen name instead of the real name (which can be chosen in the user account facility). In addition to this, your review can be displayed anonymously. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, the relevant accommodation information page on the Website, on our mobile apps, on our social media accounts and social media apps, or on the website of the relevant Supplier or business partner’s website. This is to inform other travellers about the quality of the accommodation you stayed in, the destination you have chosen or the other services you have used.
• We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by email or otherwise.
• We disclose personal data to law enforcement insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud. We may need to further disclose personal data to competent authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties, or the rights and properties of our business partners.
• When you make a reservation on Supplier’s website, please also take the time to read their privacy policies if you wish to understand how the Supplier may process your personal data.
• We may access communications and use automated systems to review, scan, and analyze communications for security purposes; fraud prevention; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; investigations of potential misconduct; product development and improvement; research; customer engagement, including to provide you with information and Supplier offers that may potentially be of interest to you; and customer or technical support. We reserve the right to block the delivery of or review communications that we, in our sole discretion, believe may contain malicious content, spam, or may pose a risk to you, us, our Suppliers or others.
• You may grant us access to your location data or contact details in order to provide services requested by you. When you upload a picture from your mobile device, your picture may also be tagged with your location information. Please read the instructions of your mobile device to understand how to change the settings and enable the sharing of such data or the receipt of push notifications.
• We are able to track user behaviour across multiple devices. As part of cross-device tracking, Booking.com may combine data collected from a particular browser or mobile device with another computer or device linked to the computer or device from which the data was collected.
• In order to optimize our content (including newsletters), we combine the searches and reservations made from different computers and devices while you are logged into your user account on each of these computers and devices. If you do not wish for us to combine such data for newsletter generation or to optimize the content of our Website and/or apps, either log out of a device or computer or unsubscribe from any such newsletter.
• After you have signed in once, you should be able to use your social media account to sign in to your Wedding&Italy account. You can decouple these accounts from each other at any time too. We may also integrate social media plugins into the Website and app/s. This means that when you click on one of the buttons (such as Facebook’s ‘Like’ button) certain information (e.g. email address, age, profile) is shared with these social media providers. If you are logged in to your social media account at the same time, your social media provider may relate this information to your social media account and possibly present your actions on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
• We may also integrate other social media services (like social media messaging) to interact with the Website or with your contacts about our Services.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. You always have the right to review (and request amendment of) the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing. You can contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law in Ireland. You can delete your user account at any time by signing into your account on the Website and choosing to remove your account. We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time.
Cookies and other tracking technologies are employed by us directly or by our business partners and Suppliers on the Website (and app/s) in various ways, such as:
• helping the Website to function correctly to analyse traffic
• to create your user account and to sign you in
• to remember your preferences registration information
• for advertising and marketing purposes including collecting data (e.g. web pages you have viewed and which platform you have used, e.g. partner or Supplier websites and social media)
• to track and analyse details on how you interacted with the Website such as scrolling activity and mouse movements and the search words and the text you enter into various fields
• suppliers may, for example, use analytics cookies to ascertain if their customers make use of accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
In the settings for browsers such as Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer you can set which cookies to accept or reject and you may use the “help” function in your browser to locate the settings you require. If you choose not to accept certain technical and/or functional cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on the Website. This Cookie Statement may also be amended from time to time. Please contact us if you have any specific queries or concerns.